Monday, September 8, 2008

Beautiful Weather

After the torrential rains we had on Saturday, I was pleasantly surprised to wake up Sunday morning to bright sunshine. It was an absolutely gorgeous day! After breakfast I ran upstairs (well, I didn't actually run, but you get the idea) and starting ironing and sewing. I was able to get the baby quilt I've been working on completely quilted. I also pressed all the fabric I had washed for the next two quilts and made the binding for the baby quilt.

Late Sunday morning I spent outside finally taking care of our flowers. We've been neglecting them because the mosquitoes are so bad this year. But with the slightly cooler weather and a good strong breeze, the mosquitoes stayed away for the most part yesterday so I was able to do some much needed house keeping.

Later on in the afternoon, I was able to sew the binding onto the baby quilt and I started stitching it down by hand on the back. It didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, but it still looks nice and I'm sure the baby will love it.

No comments: