Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quiltathon 2009 - Saturday Update

The quiltathon is on! While I did get up early this morning to get to cutting fabric, the majority of the cutting got delayed a bit. My husband insisted that the Christmas tree come down this morning, so we spent about an hour or so taking down the tree and boxing everything up. Since Mother Nature is deciding that Albany should be in the Golden Snowball Race this year, we had to do our grocery shopping since we have a winter storm warning in effect from 4pm until tomorrow afternoon. We're expecting to get about 8 inches of snow.

I did however get some "quilty" stuff done. I dropped off the "Fifty-Four Forty or Fight" quilt to be quilted. I also did get the colored fabric cut for the "Rainbow Patch" quilt. Here's some before and after pictures from the cutting:


I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a few of these sewn this afternoon before I quit for the day. Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

oh, those colors look yummy!

Are you sewing tomorrow?

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the colors, too!

Darlene said...

Those are beautiful. Are they hand dyed?