Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stash Busting - 11/22/2009

Surprisingly, this was a pretty productive week on the sewing front. I was able to completely finish sewing the binding down on Stars & Hearts that I started last Sunday evening. I was also able to get the binding made and machine sewn to the Rainbow Skies quilt. Here's some pictures of the Stars & Hearts quilt now that its finished:


I also started cutting out the material for the next baby quilt I'm making. So I've been a decent dent in the stash this week. Here's the numbers:

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added YTD: 131 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 2.1 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 41.75 yards

Net Fabric: <89.25> yards

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stash Busting - 11/15/2009

Wow its been a long time since I did a stash busting post. Heck....its been a while since I posted at all. Its been pretty hectic here and with spending my entire day at work on the computer, I haven't wanted to be on it much when I get home. I have however been doing some quilting.

I was able to get the quilting done on Rainbow Skies. I don't have the pictures of it quilted yet since I had to put marks on the top and haven't taken them off yet. I did however give this baby quilt to a co-worker after his son was born.


This past week, we had Veteran's Day off from I spent most of the day sewing. I hemmed some new leaders for the quilting frame that I bought (I'm waiting for the velcro to arrive from Amazon) and I got a new quilt top about 90% done. I finished it up on Thursday evening. This one is from a kit called Purple Squared from Keepsake Quilting.


The photo makes it look a little washed out, but the colors in person are amazing. This picture shows the colors a little better:


I also have another baby quilt that I quilted and put binding onto it. I just started the hand sewing last night, so no pictures of that one yet. Once the binding's done, I'll have some pictures. All in all, I've had a pretty good stash busting session lately. ;-) The only bad part is that I did have to buy some more fabric for a baby due in January, to test out sewing on my quilting frame and to make a new quilt that I designed. The new quilt is going to use some charm squares that I bought last year and here's the yardage to go along with it:

(sorry about the picture being a little fuzzy)

So all in all I bought 15.5 yards of fabric (yikes) and only used 4 yards in the past few weeks. Here's the full stash report:

Fabric Added this Week: 15.50 yards
Fabric Added YTD: 131 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 4.00 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 39 yards

Net Fabric: <92> yards