However, I did get some sewing done this week. I'm still working on the yellow/pink string block's for Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay quilt. I've completely worked through this pile of strings and had to cut more.
This is the picture from last week, but I wanted to include it again for the type of blocks being made. These strings end up at 5.5" square, then you cut them on the diagonal, perpendicular to the lines of strings.
Since I did sew and had to cut more strings, I ended up using a little bit of stash. I'm purposely making this entire quilt from stash to see how it goes. Most of the fabrics are from a FQ pack that I received for Christmas last year, but I've had to throw in some other fabrics to supplement the amount of fabric. I think it will look really neat in the end...or at least I hope so!
Here's the numbers:
Added This Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Used This Week: 0.84 yards
Used Year to Date: 4.52 yards
Net Year to Date: -4.52 yards
I'm still in the black...although that won't last much longer. I am planning a quilt right now to fit as a wall hanging in our foyer. Since its a specific quilt (a lone star) and it needs specific colors, I'll be buying fabric in the next week or two. It will probably be around 8-9 yards of fabric just for the top. But at least I can say that I go all the way through January in the black. :-)