Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Not Much Sewing Progress

Sadly, I haven't made much progress on the sewing front lately. I did get all the flying geese units sewn for Baby Quilt #6, but I'm essentially stuck at the point where I have to press all the seams. Yuck! I think this is one of the parts that I really don't like. Whenever I have pressing to do, I always procrastinate. I even have all the sashings cut, so I just have to press and then I can sew and the quilt-top will be finished. But I can't seem to force myself to do the pressing that has to be done.

I even finished washing all the fabric for Quilt #7. Let me tell you, trying to untangle 3 yards of one type of blue, 3 yards of another blue, 5 yards of red and 7 yards of green is not fun! I had to put the red and the green back in the dryer as they had gotten twisted and weren't dry in the middle. Now its sitting all folded and just waiting to be pressed.... yet again the holding point. ;-)

Hopefully I'll get moving on the baby quilt so that I can finish it up and start working on Quilt #7. I'm really trying not to start the next quilt until I finish the last one. Hopefully I can prevent any UFOs (un-finished objects) from piling up.

No comments: