Since its been a little while since I last posted (about a week), I figured I'd give a quick little update on quilty things. ;-)
Last week I was able to get some progress on both our quilt and the next baby quilt that I'm making. I showed pictures of the baby quilt material in my last post. Now, the fabric has been washed, pressed, cut, and sewn into the quilt-top. I finished up the entire top yesterday afternoon including the borders. I have the backing already washed, but I should probably press it before I start putting the layers together. I do also have to get some batting at the store before I can continue, but at least I got the entire quilt top together in a week. It actually only took me about 8.5 hours of pressing, cutting and sewing to get it together.
I was also able to make some progress on our quilt (the fifty-four forty or fight blocks). The green borders are sewn onto all 35 blocks and I cut material for sashings between the blocks. I have all the strips cut, but I haven't cut them to the length I need yet. I'm trying to plan out where I want my seams to be on the quilt. The blocks look pretty awesome and the picture I posted a few weeks ago doesn't do them justice.
I plan on posting some pictures, hopefully later this evening, but it may take a little while to get the camera battery charged and the pictures actually taken. I'll definitely put a picture of the baby quilt on here, but I may wait until I have a few of the sashings sewn before I put a picture of our quilt.
My next challenge is to figure out how to do the curling ribbon border that I've planned for our quilt. I haven't ever done it before, so it could be interesting. I think I'm going to have to dig through some of my scraps to find some test pieces to try things out. I have a few templates for making 1/2 square and 1/4 square triangles, but since I haven't used them yet it may be interesting to see how it works out.