Friday, October 24, 2008

Not Getting NEARLY Enough Done!

With only one week left to the month of October, there's no way that I'll be able to complete my entire "to-do" list for this month. At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to get 3 of the 10 items completed.

I have two of the four borders sewn onto Quilt #7, but its taken longer than I expected to get them sewn on as the size of the quilt (without borders) is 85.5" x 114.5". I think I'll be able to get the remaining two sewn on this weekend, but that will really depend upon how much "free" time I have. I'll have a few hours tonight as Rich will be going rock climbing (my foot isn't quite up to doing that yet, although I have tried) but for the rest of the weekend, it will probably be hard to find time to sew.

For quilt #9, I actually almost have the quilt top pieced together. All the individual blocks are made (35 of them), and I have 1.5 rows sewn at this point, but I can't seem to find the time to get my butt behind the sewing machine. I haven't touched quilt #10 except to wash the fabric for it. There's no way that its getting cut and pieced by the end of the month. I've even been neglecting my needlepoint. It seems like the evenings are just really full lately and that I have no energy by the time I get home from work and the gym. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that when I go to work its still fairly dark and when I get home its dark. I guess that's what I get for living in the northeast!

No comments: