Monday, January 17, 2011

Goals - Week 3

I did alright this past week on my goals.  I didn't get as many 16-patch blocks done as I had wanted to, but I was close.

Week 2 Goals:
- Sew 64 2.5" squares together for scrap quilt (total of 4 16-patch blocks) -- completed 3 16-patch blocks, and 2 more are almost done.
- Add border #3 to "Shine on Bayou Cane" -- Completed!
- Sew 4 hours of needlepoint on "Starry Night" -- 6+ hours completed. 


In fact, I was so good with "Starry Night" that I actually finished another page of the pattern.
100_0468

The portion with the scattered stitches is page 16.  So I now have 15 full pages complete.  I think there's 2 more full pages on the row I'm working on along with a partial page on the far right.  The bottom row of pages are only about 60% full, so the bottom row should go faster.  At this rate though, I'm finishing 1 page per month, which means I still won't be done until October!

I also finished reading the 3rd book of the "Inheritance" series.  The book is called "Brisingr".  I'm always surprised at how well written these books are and the fact that the writer is only in his early 20s.  I think I read somewhere that he wrote the first book, "Eragon", when he was only 16 or 17.  It seems to be taking a long time for the 4th book to be finished up, but I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Week 3 Goals:

- Sew 64 2.5" squares together for scrap quilt (total of 4 16-patch blocks) --
- Prepare backing material for "Shine on Bayou Cane" and load quilt on frame --
- Sew 4 hours of needlepoint on "Starry Night" -- 3 hrs sewn as of 1/19

No comments: