Last week's goals:
Goals for Week 11:
- Test quilting panto on "Tumbler" quilt -- Completed
- Make 4 pinwheel blocks for quilt class -- Completed
- Sew "Starry Night" needlepoint and photograph -- I did do some sewing, but no photos.
- Complete quilt top for commission quilt -- Completed piecing this, but not quilted yet.
- Purchase backing material for commission quilt --Completed
This past week was very productive. In less than a week, I got a complete quilt top made and ready for quilting. Unfortunately, I ended up breaking part of my MegaQuilter sewing machine, so its in the repair shop and I won't be able to do the quilting on the commission quilt until I have the sewing machine back.
We also passed our house inspection this week, including the radon tests. So now we just have to make sure the mortgage for the other people goes through. We've started packing up a few things at this point, but part of us doesn't want to get too far down the packing road and then have something fall through.
We also checked out a rental property. We've been having trouble finding a house rental because everyone wants at least a year lease, but we only need 6 months. We don't really want an apartment because it will mean storage for everything. However, an apartment may be the answer. The house we looked at belongs to our builder's dad. The layout is kind of wonky, but the biggest worry is that there is no central air and the place smells kind of musty/moldy. Since I have pretty bad allergies, we really don't know whether the place will bother me or not. If it does...it will be a VERY long 6 months.
Goals for week 12:
- Sew "Starry Night" needlepoint and photograph --
- Wash fabric for cousin's baby quilt --
- Clean up and pack extra fabric/quilting patterns.