Friday, October 28, 2011

Snow!

We actually did get some snow yesterday.  This graphic from News 13 in Albany is as of 11pm last night.  I think we actually got a little more than 1.0" in our area.  I'm located a little bit above the 1 in the 1.0" and a little to the left of it.  We probably had close to 2" of snow on the ground this morning.


I wasn't happy about having to scrape my car off either.  At least I was able to find the scraper and my gloves this morning.  I even started my car about 5 minutes before I actually was ready to leave...hoping that it would warm up enough that I wouldn't have to scrape.  Not so...but it did help loosen up the ice on the windows.

For the 8 years I've been in Albany, this is the earliest I've seen it snow and actually stick.  Usually we'll get some snow flakes in the air before Halloween, but nothing that actually accumulates on the ground.

We're also expecting another storm to come up the coast tomorrow and depending on its track, we could get even more snow.  I have a feeling its going to be a snowy winter!

No comments: