We knew with getting the larger piece of property, we would need a larger piece of equipment to take care of it. So we ended up getting a medium-sized Kubota tractor. Right now it just has the front-loader on it, but eventually we will get a snow thrower for the back to clear the driveway and a back-hoe to dig some trenches on the property. Here she is:
Already getting dirty and having rocks thrown in her. :-)
On the quilting front, I'm making progress on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt Orca Bay. Its not really a mystery at this point since she long ago finished hers, but it is still somewhat a mystery as to how all my colors will mix together in the quilt. Here are some pictures of all the little bits and pieces...
704 wing triangles to go onto the HSTs
All the parts from the previous steps
I just liked how the stack of string triangles looked. ;-)
I also finished quilting Purple Squared a while ago, but have been bad at taking pictures of it. Here it is all finished. Its currently hanging on the railing in our foyer.
So in the past few weeks I've used up a bit of fabric, but I also had to buy 3 more FQs of purple to finish all the wing pieces.
Here are the numbers:
Added This Week: 0.75 yards
Added Year to Date: 12.77 yards
Used This Week: 2.62 yards
Used Year to Date: 9.96 yards
Net Year to Date: 2.80 yards
I'm in the red still by almost 3 yards....I'm hoping that will be fixed soon when I start working on the Lone Star wall hanging for our foyer.