Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Addition

Yesterday evening, my husband and I were able to meet our new niece. She was born on 6/16 at about 6:45 in the evening. She's a healthy 7 lbs 13 oz and is completely adorable! Her name is Alannah Josephine. My sister-in-law's husband took a few photos of me holding her, so once I have those I may share. ;-)

On the quilting front, I finally finished setting up my machine in my new sewing cabinet. I don't have the custom insert yet, so the sewing machine has to sit a little higher than I would like for the time being in order to fit the table extender that the machine came with. The cabinet has already proven itself to be handier than the table I was using before. I sewed the binding onto the quilt last night and the cabinet did a great job in supporting the weight of the quilt so that I wasn't constantly fighting with it. I'm not sure if I completely like where I have it placed right now as its really difficult to see the TV (although I should be watching what I'm doing versus watching the TV).

Once I get the hand sewing done, I'll post some pictures of the finished quilt.

No comments: