Monday, June 16, 2008

Not much sewing...

Sadly I haven't been able to do much sewing lately. Late last week, my new sewing cabinet arrived! Yay! It took my husband and I two nights after work to put the thing together. The one bad part about the assembly process was that the manufacturer didn't tell you that when you attach the wood base for the sewing machine to sit on, it has to clear the lifting mechanism. We didn't find that out until the last part of the instructions and there were many four letter words uttered and created.

Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful weekend. Saturday we spent Father's day at my sister-in-law's (who is up the road from us) and had a nice little get together with my husband's family. Sunday we worked on the garden a bit in the morning and by noon had gotten flowers trimmed, everything fertilized, plants planted, gutters cleaned and the lawn mowed. The afternoon we decided to drive up to my in-laws who live on lake and we were able to relax and do some swimming. It took a little while to get used to the water, but once you were in it felt good.

Time for me to do some work and nurse my sunburn from yesterday morning!

No comments: