Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"New" Quilting Technique

I've started to get into the habit of recording some of the sewing TV shows on the local PBS station. Usually I just delete most of them because they're about sewing clothes and I'm not interested in making my own clothes... I just want to quilt at this point. But earlier this week, Sewing with Nancy had a designer on that had created a way to quilt individual quilt blocks prior to assembling the quilt and then connect the quilted blocks with quilted connectors. It seems like a good idea for people who don't have a long-arm machine, but still want to be able to completely quilt their own quilt.

I think I may have to try it at some point....but of course, that's after I completely all the other umpteen quilt designs that I have planned at this point. Unfortunately, my planning process seems to go a lot faster than my actual quilting!

No comments: