Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quilting And Gardening

Rich was traveling yesterday, so I actually got a bit of sewing done during the week. ;-) I finished pressing and sewing all remaining 96 pairs of red/white triangles. It only took me about 2.5 hours to do it! Sheesh!

Yesterday afternoon we had a pretty good thunderstorm roll through around rush-hour. After I had gotten home and had a chance to eat something for dinner, the sun came out and I decided it was time for some fresh pictures of the garden. We have more flowers in bloom now and its starting to look really nice. If only I could capture the smell for you and post it! Anyway, here's some pictures of the full garden at the front of the house. The diasies are little spent at this point and we're experimenting to see if they will flower again, but everything else is going crazy.



This is the really bushy (and mostly green) plants in the front-middle of the planter. Its some blue-ish asters:


This is a close-up of one of the coneflowers on the right side of the planter:


Next to the big white phlox, we have two smaller phloxes that we just put in this year. They just started blooming yesterday and the colors is spectacular!


Here's some pictures of our roses, too. I was able to capture them with water still on the flowers:


This last one is actually a rose that my mother-in-law gave us. We haven't really done much with it this year, but the flowers are still gorgeous!

No comments: