Friday, July 25, 2008

The Weekend is Here!!

I'm SO glad the weekend is finally here. It seems like the work weeks have been dragging by, but somehow it always ends up being Friday and I can look forward to a whole evening of quilting. Rich likes to go rock climbing (indoors thankfully) on Friday evenings. Before I got hurt, I also went, but I haven't been back to it in over a year now. So while he's out climbing, I get the whole evening to quilting! :-)

While tomorrow will be spent with Rich's family (Grandma is up to see the new baby), I get to stop at the sewing store on the way there! :-) There's only one item that I NEED to get, but we all know that I will enjoy browsing around a bit and oogling over the bolts of fabric. The Gloversville sewing store doesn't have a lot of our plain, run-of-the-mill fabrics that you would find at a Joann's, but they have the most amazing assortment of patterned fabrics. Somehow they all look good! Plus, they have an old wooden library card catalog piece that they keep all their fat quarters in. Its fun to open up the drawers and see the various little squares of color.

During the winter months, they also carry woolen fabric for quilting. I'm a little surprised as a lot of people won't quilt with it because its such a heavy-weight fabric. Its expensive, too! But I'm a little curious to see how a quilt would look, or maybe just a table-runner.

Anyway - since the store opens at 9 tomorrow, its off to bed for me so I can get up and go shopping. ;-)

No comments: