Sometimes it seems like getting quilting done takes a while, but then at the end of the day I say... "Look at that... I got it all done." That's what it was like today. The day started off with the usual Sunday antics: run to Wal-mart before everyone else gets there so it only takes 30 minutes to do the shopping instead of an hour, trimming plants and starting the laundry. The plants took a while and we realized we were a week late in fertilizing the roses. No wonder they didn't seem to be growing a whole lot!
We opted out of fertilizing our other perennials. They're pretty big and we've been fertilizing them almost every week. If we fertilize them next week, it will be a 3-week intermission, but I think they'll be fine.
I finally got to quilting later this afternoon and I was able to get the remaining 24 blocks completely sewn and pressed. They look really good with most of the star points exactly where they should be. I did realize though, that I made many more blocks than I needed to. Somewhere along the line, I thought I needed 48 total blocks for the quilt top. But Friday night I started trying to remember how I had planned the sashings, so I pulled out all my original design information and realized I really only need 35 blocks! At least I was off in a good way (too many versus too few). I hadn't sewn all the bocks together yet when I realized this, but I figured I might as well put it together since I had the stuff already cut.
So I have 48 blocks completely sewn at this point. I figure I'll make a runner for my dresser and some "mats" to put on the bedside tables with the extra blocks. I could also probably make some pillow shams, but I don't think I will need them.
Anyway - its getting late (10pm) so its time for bed because I have work tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good weekend.