Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lots and Lots of Rain

For the past week I've been looking forward to today because it was going to be a nice rainy day and I was going to be able to get some more quilting/sewing done. Rich and I decided to go to the local outlet mall to do some shopping and while this would normally make me pretty happy, it didn't really seem to do it today. When we left the outlet mall, I was pretty upbeat still about being able to get some quilting done. However, it was a different story by the time we got home.

I think its just the weather, but man am I in a funk! I had all afternoon and evening to get sewing done, but I haven't even touched it. I did wash some of the fat quarters that I showed pictures of in my last post and I got them ironed, but I just didn't even feel like going near the sewing machine. Its weird, too, because I was waiting for some more thread to arrive to finish quilting the baby quilt and the thread arrived today (along with a few other goodies) and I still didn't want to sit down at the sewing machine.

Does anyone else get in these weird funks? I'm hoping to bust out of it tonight and be able to get some sewing done tomorrow. It would be nice to get the quilt done so I can move on to the next one. I think part of the problem is that the last time I was quilting on the baby quilt, it felt like I was fighting the quilt and the machine to get the quilting done. Normally I don't have this much trouble, but this time the quilt just was not happy. Hopefully it was just a bad quilting night.

No comments: