Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Anniversary

I've been so busy (and sick) the past week, that I haven't had time to post ANYTHING on here. I did however get some quilting done, but that will be in another post.

This post is to give a shout out and say Happy Anniversary to my parents. Their anniversary was actually yesterday, but since I was busy visiting with them I didn't put anything on here. Yesterday was their 40th anniversary. That's right.... 40 years! Its pretty amazing they've been together for 40 years and survived 6 kids. :-)

Most of the immediate family got together yesterday for a brunch with them. Everyone was there except an older brother in Indiana and my older sister in Florida. The brunch was basically a "stuff-yourself-silly-until-you're-going-to-burst-and-then-eat-some-more" brunch. The food was really good though. My parents really had a good time.

As a gift, I put together a little basket of goodies (snacks, cookies, drinks, etc) to take with them on their trip. They're staying at a nice little winery in the Finger Lakes so having some goodies to snack on is a must! My Mom loved it, especially since she was actually a little worried that she didn't have time to bake some cookies to take with them for snacking. Now they have a whole basket of snacks.

I hope they have a wonderful time and enjoy being together without any kids saying "what's for dinner, Mom?" :-)

No comments: