Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Craziness

Now that I'm starting to recover from Christmas preparations, I have some time to actually post something here. My older sister, Laura, is up visiting from Florida so its nice to have almost the entire family together for the holidays.

Christmas day was pretty busy around here as we hosted Rich's family for Christmas. We don't have a large house, so it was a little tight with 7 people and a puppy here. We did have a good time though. It was my neice's first Christmas and while she's too young to really understand what was going on, she was cute and she could kind of unwrap her own gifts. I don't have any pictures right now, but I plan to have some in a few days.

Currently, we're at my parents' place and having "Christmas" with them. We exchanged gifts yesterday since one of my older brothers was here yesterday, but he had to leave last night to drive to his girlfriend's family in Pennsylvania. Its a little crazy here, as it always is, but at least its quiet for the moment.

My Dad's treatments are progressing and he has about 35 treatments left now. He has to go 5 days a week until sometime in February, but at least they are doing something for it at this point. He's in decent spirits since he doesn't seem to have any side effects from the actual treatments. They treatments themselves are going much better than the pre-treatment stuff, so its getting better.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I know I did and I now have even more ideas for quilts and I have lots of patterns to choose from! ;-)

No comments: