Thursday, January 1, 2009

Winter Weather

After spending a few days at my parents' place, Rich, Laura and I headed back to Albany for some much needed quiet. The drive back was "interesting" to say the least. It took us an hour to drive a section of the highway that usually takes only 30 minutes. Here's two pictures taken from the car while traveling. I particularly like the 2nd photo where you can barely see the vehicle in front of us.

I haven't been able to get a lot of quilting done lately since we've been pretty busy hosting and visiting people. I did take advantage of Joann's store closing near my parents'. All books were 50% off, fat quarters were only $1, all fabric was 40% off with an additional 10% if you ended up buying the entire bolt. I stocked up on some FQ's, yardage of blue fabric with stars, and some muslin. I was also able to get a few pre-packaged batting sizes. Now I just have to figure out where to store it. ;-)

No comments: