Monday, December 15, 2008

Quilty Stuff

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.... yet! Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually reads my blog or if its just taking up random space in the void of the internet. Feel free to leave comments once in a while! ;-)

We survived the 1st winter storm of the season with very little trouble. Our power was out for about 3 hours during the ice storm, but that's a heck of a lot better than most people. There are still people without power today and its been 3 full days since the storm. Thankfully the power lines in our development are underground so as long as power gets to the start of the development, we'll have power.

I did get some quilting done this weekend. I finished up the quilt top for "Irish Rails" but unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it yet and I won't until next weekend. Rich is going snowboarding this week up in Stowe, VT and taking the camera with him. Hopefully he'll come back with some awesome pictures and no injuries. ;-)

My Christmas shopping is all done at this point and I just need to wrap the gifts that we ordered on Saturday. Everything else is already wrapped and under the tree. Now its just a matter of cleaning up the house for when company starts to arrive. My older sister is staying with us for most of the Holidays, but she's spending Christmas day with my parents while we entertain Rich's family for Christmas. So she'll be at our from 12/20 until 12/22 or 12/23, then on 12/24 Rich's uncle will be staying with us through 12/26. Late on the 26th or possibly on the 27th, we'll be driving out to my parents and staying there until the 30th. On the 30th, we'll drive back home with my older sister with us and she'll be at our place until Jan 3rd. Then on the 5th its back to work. Its going to be a crazy two weeks and there's a lot to be done. I just have to try not to get too stressed out about so many people coming in and out of the house and having to go everywhere.

Anyway - hopefully I'll get some quilting done and I need to practice free motion quilting with the BSR foot. If anyone has some tips for a beginner, I'd definitely appreciate them. I'm not very good right now with loops and changing direction, but I think that will come with practice.


No comments: