Friday, January 9, 2009

Quiltathon Tomorrow

Judy over at Patchwork Times is hosting the first Quiltathon of 2009 this weekend. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to sit my butt down and sew this weekend. I've spent most of my evenings this past week washing and refolding yardage and fat quarters. Last night I pin basted a lap-sized quilt that I was originally intending to start quilting this weekend. However, I'm still waiting for some stencils to arrive, so no quilting will be done on that quilt this weekend.

The plan for tonight and this weekend is to pin baste the Irish Rails quilt and start cutting and piecing 9-patches for the Rainbow Patch quilt that I'm going to be making (there's no picture of this one yet). Basically its various 9-patches of two shades of fabrics from the Moda Marbles collection and the 9-patches are set on-point with white setting squares between them. I'm hoping that I will get it pretty much completed this weekend, but that will depend upon how often my husband decides that he needs or wants my help doing something. :-)

No comments: