Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another Winter Day & Stash update

Today is yet another yucky day here in the northeast. Just about every school is closed in the area today. We received about 2 inches of snow overnight and now its freezing rain. Everything is getting ice coated again like it was back in December. We're supposed to have freezing rain all day today and the roads are supposed to get worse as the day goes on. Thankfully, my work gave me both a workstation and a laptop so I can actually work from home today... which I'm definitely doing!

The past two nights I've spent washing a bunch of fat quarters that I bought in December. I didn't include them in my Stash Report on Sunday, but I feel they definitely need to be added to the Stash Report since they are a significant source of fabric! ;-) So here are my new numbers....

Fabric Added this Week: 45.4 yards
Fabric Added YTD: 45.4 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 2.2 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 2.20 yards

Net Fabric: 43.2 yards

Wow! I need to get sewing!! Too bad I end up putting in about 9 hours of actual work (10 hours with lunch and commute included) outside the house. That leaves me very little time for sewing. I'm jealous of those who can sew and sew and sew all day. ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, that's one heck of a lot of FQ's. Wouldn't like to be your iron! So what are you planning on doing with them - do you have a particular project in mind?

Sarah said...

It is a lot of FQ's. I actually didn't iron too many of them right now since I was folding them up for storage. I'll give them a really good ironing before I got to cut them up.

So far I don't have any particular project in mind. Back in December, I was feeling a little down and did some "retail therapy" which ended up getting a bunch of FQs. :-) They're all from FQ sets, so I know they will at least play nice with each other. I usually have a pattern picked out before I buy fabric, but I'm trying to challenge myself a little and do things the opposite way of what I would normally do. I have a few quilt tops that I need to get quilted and then I can start thinking about what pattern I want to use.