Monday, January 5, 2009

Long Day

Today was my first day back at work after being on vacation for 2 weeks and let me tell you, it felt like today alone was 2 weeks. A part of me was glad to be back in the routine, but another part wanted the vacation to last a little longer. Aside from doing the usual minor grocery shopping tonight, I was able to get the rest of my fat quarters trimmed (they raveled a bit in the wash) and folded about half of them.

Does anyone else wash and fold their "stash" fabric before using it? I guess the way I see it is that if I wash and fold it neatly, then at least I can see my fabric and I know I can pull it right away and just press it before cutting. No waiting for the washer! ;-) My husband doesn't quite understand this and gave me funny looks when I was folding fabric that I probably won't use for a while.

I think I'm going to have to revise my stash report from last week. I didn't include my fat quarters in the count and after my "retail therapy" in early December, I really should count the fat quarters since I have a few. ;-)

No comments: