Monday, February 2, 2009

Exactly 1 Year Ago....

Exactly one year ago (almost to the hour right now - its 11:39 EST) I was getting home from having surgery on my foot to remove a piece of bone that wasn't healing and to re-attach a tendon. Its very hard to believe it was a year ago already. The first few months after surgery were awful, which I guess can be expected. The only good part was that I got lots of binding sewn onto quilts! ;-)

So its been a year and I'm pretty much pain free. The foot bothers me once in a while when we have really drastic weather changes, but its pretty much OK. I still haven't been able to wear "normal" shoes yet. Granted... I haven't tried in a while, but a few months ago when I tried to wear some low heels (about 1") I was limping after just wearing them for 5 minutes in the house. I'm hoping that eventually I'll be able to wear shoes again versus sneakers all the time. I know the sneakers are probably better for me, but I like my shoes. :-)

Now I just need to figure out how to get more quilting time in!

No comments: