Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stash Busting - 2/1/2009

This was not a good week for using fabric, but it was a good week for buying fabric. ;-)

A local quilt shop had a Super Bowl Sale going on from Friday until today and there was up to 60% off all their fabric. The least amount off was 20%, which is still pretty good. Anytime you can get fabric on sale is a good time. My purchase was even "husband sanctioned" this time so he knew what I was going to come home with. Its a good thing I only came out of the store with the fabric I intended to buy though. The store had the new Bernina 830 on display and let me tell you... even though its ungodly expensive at about $12,000, it definitely is pretty amazing. However, for $12k I think the machine should be able to cut all my fabric by me just giving it the pattern that I want to make.

I have a few pictures that I want to share before I get to the stash report. Here's an updated photo of the bear my mother-in-law made with his quilted blanket. The picture I had posted earlier this week was a little dark since I took it at night. This one is better though.

Knit_Bear_Blanket

And here's some pictures of the fabric that I bought. Doesn't it look yummy?? This is for the Rainbow quilt that I posted about on Friday. It took a while to pick out all the fabrics, but I think its going to look awesome when its finished.

Rainbow_Quilt_Fabric

Here's a picture of the fabrics I intend to use in Judy's Shine on Bayou Cane quilt. It didn't take too long to pick out these ones, but I think that's only because I had 5 colors instead of 15.

Shine_on_Bayou_Cane_FabricFinally, here are the fabrics for Judy's Heat Wave quilt from her book Nine-Patch Extravaganza. I wanted to use very similar colors to what she choose since I really liked the look fo the quilt.
116_1622
And now.... the stash report:

Fabric Added this Week: 30.75 yards
Fabric Added YTD: 85.42 yards

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 9.40 yards

Net Fabric: <76.02> yards

I really need to start cracking and using that stash!

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Wouldn't it be great to have an extra $12K lying around? I haven't seen the Bernina in person, but I was drooling over the magazine ad. Have fun with all of your new fabrics.

Donna said...

Your quilt shop had a better sale than the ones here. The fabrics you bought are beautiful. Enjoy cutting and sewing those quilts!

Lori in South Dakota said...

for $12,000 you should be able to drive it!