Friday, January 30, 2009

Quilt Ideas

I know I've been bad about posting lately. A class that I'm taking at my work has me spending too much of my own time doing the homework. I love it when its a "work" class that takes 3 hours and about 4 hours of homework and you can only charge 1.5 hours of time to it. The rest is on your own. Yuck!

Enough of my ranting though. I thought I'd post some sketches of the quilts that I plan on making over the next few months (otherwise read as probably the next year). One of the quilts is from Judy Laquidara's Nine-Patch Extravaganza. Its called "Heat Wave". I don't have a sketch of this one since I have the book and the pattern at home. Its looks like a very cool quilt though.

The second quilt I'm doing is actually a color variation of Judy's "Shine on Bayou Cane" that she did as a Quilt-for-an-Hour project last year. I saved the instructions since I didn't have time to do it right then, but now I want to make it. I did sketch it up in EQ on my own because I wanted to test out some other colors. I don't have a stash of lots of different colors (yet), so I couldn't just do the stars in it as scrappy colors like she did. Here's my sketch from EQ. I like the reds/pinks and the greens in it. When I pick out the fabrics I just need to make sure the reds and greens aren't too close to being Christmas colors!



The last quilt that I'm doing is actually my own design that I did in EQ. I plan on making it for my husband's grandmother. Its a variation on the Trip Around the World pattern and I thought the rainbow colors would look really happy on the quilt.

It may be a while before you see any actual pictures of the quilts because I have three quilt tops that need to be quilted and bound, our large quilt needs to be bound, and I have a baby quilt to make for a co-worker (baby is due in March so I better hurry up!).

Happy Quilting!
~Sarah



No comments: