Friday, May 7, 2010

End of the Week

I'm always glad when Friday finally rolls around because it usually means that I have two full days ahead of me that R and I can do what we would like to do.  However, things have been pretty busy lately and I wonder how it got to be Friday already!  Not that its a bad thing...just kind of surprising that its Friday already.

Yesterday was garbage day again.  And you guessed it...it was windy!  ;-)  Garbage cans strewn all over the streets (thankfully without the garbage in them) made the drive through the neighborhood a little "difficult".  At least someone (probably my MIL) put our garbage can and recycling bin right up next to the house where it was protected from the wind.

I've been SLOWLY making my way through squaring up 120 half-square triangles (HSTs) for "Shine on Bayou Cane".  Somehow it takes MUCH longer than expected to square up those little buggers.  I've definitely spent more than an hour doing it and I'm only about 1/3 of the way done.  Maybe I'm slow at cutting, or it may just be my engineering tendency to get it JUST RIGHT.  Eventually I will get them all squared up and be able to start sewing the next step on the project.  I'm just trying to enjoy the process right now and not really feel pressured to get it all done really quickly.

I'm not sure how much posting I'll be doing this weekend as we're celebrating Mother's Day on Saturday (yeah - I know...a day early) and we're meeting with our builder to figure out what we need to do to get a test well dug on our land that we bought.  Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: