Monday, July 12, 2010

July Goals Progress

I've actually made some progress on the goals that I set out for myself at the beginning of the month.  Here's an update:

  1. Post at least weekly on the blog. - So far I've managed 4 posts (this one included) in just under 2 weeks.
  2. Finish trimming and pressing all the quarter-square-triangles for Shine on Bayou Cane quilt.  - Halfway done with this one.  I finished trimming the QSTs that I had already sewn.  Now I just have to press two sets of HSTs before I can sew them into the remaining QSTs.
  3. Upload pictures from my trip to England.  - Almost done!  I've put 2 posts online about the trip to England and I have one more post to go for the last night in London.
  4. Read 3 books. (starting out small here ;-) ) -  I've finished two books already...but they were re-reads.  Most summers I re-read the Harry Potter books and I've already read and finished the first two.  I'm currently reading "A Proper Pursuit" by Lynn Austin.
  5. Finish up the current page on the Starry Night needlepoint pattern (there are 25 pages total and I've finished pages 1-9).  - DONE DONE DONE!! ;-)  I'm onto page #11 now!
  6. Get together with friends for TEA!! :-) - Still need to do this one.  Hopefully it will happen soon.
That's about it for now.  I have a post in mind for what we've done up on OUR land, but I don't want to spoil anything, so that's all I'm saying at this point. :-)

1 comment:

YarnKettle said...

I did not notice you added #6 till just a few days ago. I will look at my schedule and you look at yours. I would like to go to The Whistling Kettle if you're up for it. The tea is not great but the food is really good. I have been spoiled by Harney and Sons. Oh and I want to talk about books too. I am looking to read some new ones.