Friday, August 6, 2010

Needlepoint - Starry Night

Over the past few months, I haven't had a lot of energy to do quilting.  Partially because I've been lazy at home and partially due to trying to sell the house.  Since we were having a lot of open houses and showings, for a long time this spring it was difficult to get into quilting because as soon as I would get stuff out I would have to put it away again for a showing.  So instead...I was able to get a lot of progress done on my needlepoint.

The pattern I have is a huge pattern.  I believe the end size of the needlepoint will be somewhere around 25" wide and about 15" tall....that's a lot of stitches.  Below are two pictures from this past year for the needlepoint.  With the pictures right next to each other, its pretty neat to see the progress that has been made.

Starry Night from February 23, 2010.
118_1890

Starry Night from July 29, 2010.
100_0289

In the second picture, where the section is about 30-40% filled in, that's about 80% filled in now and its only been about a week since I took that picture.  I guess I make a lot of progress when I don't feel like doing anything else in the heat. ;-)

No comments: