Monday, May 23, 2011

Rain, Rain...Go Away...

We've had so much rain the past two weeks.  It seems like it won't ever stop raining.  I keep thinking of the little kid's song....

"Rain, rain, go away
Come again another day
Little Sarah wants to play."

Actually, its not the playing that I want to do...I want the digging to start!  Due to the rain, our builder hasn't been able to start yet.  He raring to go...as are we.  Our property can actually handle the rain pretty well.  Despite the copious amounts of rain (several inches), we had no standing water on the property.  The dirt was just really wet.  We could walk on it just fine and it was sturdy, but the builder knew his heavy equipment would have gotten stuck in the mud.

On Saturday, we only received a passing shower and Sunday it didn't rain at all.  It hasn't rained today either, so hopefully they will be able to make some progress today.  The guy that's pulling out all the stumps was going to give it a try today and hopefully not get stuck. 

I'll have to drive by the lot tonight to see what sort of progress was made.

On a crafty note....no sewing on the machine. :-(  I still haven't setup a sewing area, although my mother-in-law has volunteered to come help this Friday (taking the day off from work to have a 4-day weekend) and help clean our "storage" room in the rental so that I can put the sewing machine up in there.  I have been doing a lot of needlepoint though.  I've been able to make a ton of progress on Starry Night.

I'll try to get some pictures up here soon. ;-)

1 comment:

YarnKettle said...

I'm sure you're enjoying some guilt free stitching on Starry Night. No other projects to pull you away.
Happy stitching