Sunday, June 26, 2011

Stashbusting 2011 - Week 26

I was able to do a little bit of sewing this week.  Although I already counted this fabric as "used" from the quilt class earlier this year.  We were taught needle-turn applique in class, which I did for a center heart section of applique and one leaf in the picture below.  The other three leaves I tried using freezer paper and pressing the seams over the freezer paper ahead of time.  I definitely liked this method better.  It was much faster, too.

100_0779

I also prepared backing fabric for my cousin's quilt. So that amounts to about 2.3 yards of fabric used! :-)

100_0781

So here's the numbers for the past few weeks/months:
Added This Week:       0.0 yards
Added Year to Date:    37.64 yards
Used This Week:         2.3 yards
Used Year to Date:      23.45 yards
Net Year to Date:        14.19 yards

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your applique looks great.

Kathy said...

I too have found that the freezer paper method is a lot faster too! Your applique looks good.