Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Special Times

No matter what is going on in my life, this time of year always makes me happy. There is just something about getting together with your family and seeing siblings that you haven't seen in several months. When we were kids, we couldn't wait to grow up, get out of the house, and be away from "the fam". But now that we don't see each other that often, its really nice to go back home and enjoy the good times. There's no sibling fighting anymore. There's just everyone enjoying each others company and laughing at the odd little things that happen.

Somehow in my family, we've gotten into the habit of putting puzzles together late into the wee hours of the morning. I think its a case that while we put the puzzle together, we're all chatting and telling stories and laughing about things that happened while we were kids or things that happened recently. We used to spend the time watching TV and movies, but now we actually spend the time talking while we put together a puzzle. Now the puzzles I'm talking about aren't your easy 500 piece puzzles. We're typically around the 1000+ range and if any one person tried to do it, they probably wouldn't finish it. But as a group we're able to tackle it and get it all done. Of course, my husband would say that was because we're a "cast of thousands" (I have 2 sisters, 3 brothers, 1 brother-in-law, and 1 girlfriend-almost-sister-in-law).

Anyway, this year is a little more special to me because in about 4 hours from now, I will have completed the last final exam I will ever have to take. YAY! In 4 hours, I will never have to take another class and I will soon get that nice little piece of paper with my name on it saying that I have a Masters degree. It will be incredibly nice to never have to go to school again and to be able to come home from work and not pick up a text book (unless I need to throw it at someone!).

No comments: