Monday, March 24, 2008

Needlepoint

I finally finished my needlepoint (cross-stitch) that I've been working on for 3 years! I can't believe that I had the patience to keep at it for 3 long years. Part of me is still incredulous that I actually finished it. It does look absolutely amazing though. I don't have any pictures yet (shame on me) as the camera STILL isnt' hooked up to the computer. Things have been just way too crazy lately and neither myself nor my husband have been able to take the time to get the camera hooked up.

I've already picked out the next pattern that I'm going to be working on: Van Gogh's Starry Night. Its not quite as big as the last one, but it will still take quite a bit of time to finish it. However, I've already told myself that I can't even think about starting it until I have a few other projects finished. I have two baby quilts that are totally complete with the exception of sewing the binding onto the back by hand. One of them I start on Saturday and have one side almost finished, but the other one I haven't started yet. Thankfully, both those mothers aren't due until June and July, so I still have some time to finish them. I found out over the weekend that I have another baby quilt to make by September, too. So my order of business is going to be finishing the bindings on the current quilts, then making the September baby quilt. Eventually friends will stop having babies so that I can make a quilt for our home. ;-)

No comments: