Monday, August 25, 2008

I've been a very poor blogger lately. It seems like I have every intention of posting something, and then I get distracted and forget to post. I also haven't gotten a lot of quilting done lately. I think I'm in a bit of a lull right now. I've been trying to finish up the thread that I have pre-wound in a bobbin (when its empty I know I have to clean my machine and replace the needle), but I haven't made much progress. I want/need to start quilting the baby quilt, but I want to start out with a fresh needle when I do it.

We've been pretty busy lately, too. I went to the orthopedist on Wednesday, and they finally gave me a clean bill of health. I'm allowed to run, jump and do whatever I want on my foot now, but they advised to still take it easy and not doing any trail running for a while. So I was going to try to wear "real" shoes to work last week instead of sneakers. I walked around in my shoes (they only have a 1.5" heel) in the house for about 2 minutes and I knew I wouldn't be able to make it the entire day in them. I don't even think I'd last a half hour in the shoes. So I have to start doing some exercises to strengthen my arches again. I think its just a case where the muscles are still fairly weak.

Friday evening I was able to get about 2 hours of sewing in. I pieced together a preemie quilt that I am going to test out some free-motion quilting on and donate it to a local hospital or something. I also finished sewing the sashings onto the blocks for our quilt. I have to press a bunch of stuff before I can do more sewing, so that's probably what's holding me up at this point. I was also able to sew the raw edges of the binding material for the baby quilt so I can wash it without the whole thing unraveling.

Saturday, Rich and I went to visit my parents. I hadn't seen them in a while, so I wanted to go up and spend the day with them. Needless to say, I didn't get any quilting done that day. We got home around 9pm and I was so tired that I went straight to bed. Then yesterday, our neighbors were having a little bar-b-que, so we hung out over there pretty much all afternoon. There were probably about 15-20 people there and we had a good time.

Anyway - tonight we'll be doing the grocery shopping (Walmarts on Monday nights are absolutely dead so its a great time for shopping) and the laundry. I am hoping to get some quilting done though, or at least pressing the material so that I can sew it. Hopefully I'll get some pictures taken of our quilt so that I can post some pictures on here instead of just text.

Hope everyone is getting more quilting done than I have been! :-) ~Sarah

No comments: