Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tea & Other Ramblings

As my dear friends know, I am an avid tea drinker. I'll drink just about any kind of tea (although I ended up throwing out some truly distusting Chai tea that I had gotten a few years ago). I've even gotten to the point of buying my tea online from Harney's & Son's. The last time I started to run low on tea, I ended up buying 3 pounds of tea! Now, one might think 3 pounds is a lot (which it sort of is), but I did split it with one of my friends, so I only ended up with 1.5 pounds of tea. I guess the truly odd thing is that I've almost completely drank the Earl Grey Supreme tea that I had gotten. I only have about 3 oz left of the stuff.

So a tea run is in order very soon. The only bad thing is that our weekends are booked from now until the end of September! This coming weekend, while we're not really planning on going anywhere, we need it as a weekend to basically stay at home and relax. Thankfully its a three-day weekend for us so we get an extra day. We'll probably go up to my in-laws lake house at least once this weekend since its supposed to be nice.

The weekend after that, my older sister is coming up to visit for a week. She's not staying directly with us, but she'll be up at my parents from the 13th to the 20th. It will be good to see her and I'll be spending most of both weekends up at my parents. Rich, of course, is travelling all week, so I'll be making the drive myself out to Syracuse and back. I'm still excited to see my sister though. I saw her at Christmas, but didn't have enough time to really sit down with her and chat since we were only in Florida for 5 days. Plus, she was just getting over a pretty nasty cold and ended up with some kidney stones so she was not a happy camper and was tired all the time from the pain meds she was on.

Hopefully I'll be able to do some hiking with her (I know - I have to take it easy so I don't twist my ankle and screw up my tendon again) and just generally spend some time with her. Sometimes the best vacations are when you do nothing and can just enjoy not being at home and having to go to work or clean.

Anyway - hopefully this coming weekend I'll be able to post some pictures of my quilts. I've made quite a bit of progress on our quilt (I just need to sew the rows together to get the main pattern in the middle of the quilt) and I was able to put together a preemie quilt. I'm trying to use up the remaining thread in a bobbin so that I can start out with a fresh, clean machine and new needle when I start quilting the baby quilt.

Happy Quilting! ~Sarah

No comments: