I was able to get some sewing done today despite having to do a lot of errands and help put together a bookcase. So the first two pictures are an experiment of mine. I'm a big tea fan, but I do not have a tea cozy to keep my teapot warm. So I decided to try to make one with some fat quarters I had laying around. I also decided that it would be a good thing to practice my free-motion quilting on. I know it looks a little funny, but I'm sure it will work. Today I was able to put the two halves together and to machine sew part of the binding on the bottom. I was going to machine sew the entire binding, but its a little difficult to fit under the machine, so I'm just going to do it by hand.
Now here are all the little squares I had cut out earlier this morning. I'm about halfway through the last set and its time to clean the machine, put a new needle in and all that.... so its waiting until tomorrow to get finished. ;-) I have plenty of sets of 3 to press tomorrow too, but you can see the fairly large pile of sewn pieces. Right there is about 80 of the sets of 3. After I get them all nicely pressed, it will be time to match all the those seams and make 9 patches.
On the weather side....it looks like we're going to be having a lot of snow. The snow started around 7:30 and its only gotten heavier and isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow at lunchtime. Then it will be time to move all that snow! Yuck!