Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quilting Away

I know I don't have any pictures to post right now, but I have been doing some quilting stuff this week. The class that I'm taking at work took up a few hours of valuable quilting time, but at least my homework is done for the class and I can REALLY start quilting now. ;-)

I finished sewing the binding onto the tea cozy last night. I had originally intended on sewing the binding completely by machine, but it was pain to get the awkward shape of the tea cozy under the sewing machine so I decided to do it by hand. I also have all the 9-patches and setting squares/triangles sewn into rows. The QST on the four corners of the quilt aren't sewn into the rows yet, but they'll be added after I have the rows trimmed up.

I hope to have some pictures for everyone in the next day or so. I won't be able to do the borders until this weekend, but I can do pictures of the majority of the quilt top. I had originally sketched the quilt on paper and colors just the 9-patches, but after receiving EQ6 for Christmas I put the quilt on there and colored everything. I decided I didn't like a black and white border because it just looked like too much white. So I need to make a run to the fabric store this weekend to get some tan fabric for the borders. I want the borders to kind of have a picture frame feel with the tan and black.

Aside from quilting, its been STUPID cold here the past few days. Currently it is 2 degrees with a windchill of -6, which surprisingly is up from yesterday when the windchill was -15. I've had to break out the REALLY warm winter coat and wear my wool pants to work to try to keep warm. Thankfully I have a little heater under my desk so when I get into the office in the I turn it on and try to thaw my feet out. I'm glad that I have a hobby that involves doing stuff inside right now! :-)

No comments: