Friday, January 16, 2009

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

I finally got around to taking some pictures of the stuff I've been working on the past few days. I actually ended up taking them early this morning while I was waiting for my tea to brew before leaving for work.

I've finished up sewing the binding on the tea cozy. Its not as great as I had hoped, but it was a good testing ground for some free-motion quilting.




I also finished up putting the rows together for the Rainbow 9-Patch quilt. I was able to get the 9-patches done during the Quiltathon last weeked, but the rest of it was done in the evenings this past week. I'm waiting to get to the fabric store for some tan fabric before I add borders, but hopefully that will happen this weekend. I still need to put the setting triangles on the four corners, but its pretty much set at this point.



The only item I can't take credit for is the stuffed bear. My Mother In-Law (MIL) loves to knit. She knits like a mad-woman and can make just about anything. She's made bags, purses, sweaters, kid clothes and now toys. For Christmas, Rich and I gave her a book for a whole bunch of patterns for really cute kid toys, and she was able to finish the teddy bear and gave one to us. The bear is completely knitted and the sweater is knitted, too. The sweater even has these tiny little buttons on the shoulder so you can take the sweater off and put a different one on. Its completely adorable!











No comments: