Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another Day...Another Dollar....

Such is the way life seems to go forward.  While I would much rather be spending my time quilting, I am currently training for Root Cause Analysis at work.  I've done RCA's before, but now I'm being "officially" trained, which just means that everyone will come to me to try to solve their problems.  It might be a good thing and I enjoy doing RCAs...so hopefully it will be good.

We've decided to list our house again.  We got no luck over the summer, but after talking with a new real estate agent that was recommended to us, we've realized that our other agent was completely incompetent.  She marketed our house such that it wasn't marketed to its full potential (marketing to the 80% of the population that wouldn't want to buy our house makes it pretty good that you won't sell the house).  So we're feeling much more excited about our new agent and the fact that we may actually be able to sell the house.

I've also made some progress in the quilting front.  The latest baby quilt (no pics yet) is quilted and is waiting for the binding to be sewn on by machine.  I also cut the fabric for the next quilt and started sewing together the 96 HSTs needed for the quilt.  I have a total of 96 4-patches that need to be made that I'm hoping to get started on tonight.  I also finally put the velcro onto the leaders for the quilting frame that I bought this past fall (about time!).  It only took 15 minutes, but it was one of those things that I had been putting off doing and I should have just done it long ago. ;-)

No comments: