A new year and the first stash report is upon us! Last year I didn't really set any goals, it was more of a year to figure out my buying habits and quilting habits. I ended up buying almost 100 yards more than I used. I still have at least 4 quilts that I bought fabric for last year and I haven't done anything but wash that fabric. This year my goal is to use at least as much fabric as I buy.
No pictures yet of the projects that I've been working on, but I do have some good numbers. I spent most of today cutting out material for a baby quilt that I will be making. The blocks in the quilt are a variation on Jacob's Ladder blocks. Its all in pastel blues with some yellow mixed in.
The "rule" I'm following this year for counting stash used is when I cut it...its considered used. Once I cut the fabric, I won't be using it for something else, and I've found that once its cut I'm actually very good about sewing it up into a quilt top and getting it quilted fairly quickly (at least for me).
So my numbers for the first week are.....
Used this Week: 5.05 yards
Used year to Date: 5.05 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2010: 5.05 yards