Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stash Busting 2010 - Week 3

My stash busting post is a little late this week, but its here none the less.  Nothing bought...nothing used....so I'm still holding steading on the positive side.

Use this Week: 0 yards
Used Year to Date: 5.05 yards

Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to date: 0 yards

Net Used for 2010: 5.05 yards

So why was my post late?.....  lots of reasons unfortunately.

1.  Around the middle of last week, a little bump on my side decided to "explode" and become an infected gland.  I took antibiotics for two days, then had to go to a surgeon to have it drained.  Ouchy!  I'm on antibiotics for the next two weeks and go back to see the surgeon on the 25th to see if they need to take the gland out or if it will just fix itself.  My guess is that it will have to come out as its still oozing right now. (I know...yucky!)

2.  On Thursday, since I wasn't feeling well, I just hung out on the couch watching TV after work.  Since DH wasn't interested in vegging, he went on the computer.  Even though he wasn't downloading anything, we managed to pick up a virus on the computer....and a nasty one at that.  None of the anti-virus software knows about it yet because its so new, so we couldn't get it off.  Finally, one of the softwares "saw" it, but proceeded to delete a file that was necessary for logging into the computer.  Thankfully my brother-in-law is a GOD with computers and was able to replace the file.  We were able to retrieve all our data off the computer, but couldn't save the rest of the computer.  While it didn't trash the hardware for the computer, we had to completely re-format the machine and are slowly putting stuff back onto it now.  The camera software isn't loaded yet, so I don't have any pictures to share of the sewing that I have gotten done.

So that's why my stash report is late.  The good news is that I almost finished another quilt top.  I have one set of borders to put on and then its ready for quilting.  Oddly enough, I made the quilt using Jacob's ladder blocks and the quilt is for a baby who was just born and his name is Jacob (just found out about the name yesterday).  Somewhat ironic that I chose those blocks for the quilt.

Now I just have to get my courage up to actually finish putting leaders onto the quilting frame I bought this past fall and actually put a quilt on it.  Its sad that its been sitting there unused since late September, but what can I say...I've been busy.  Hopefully the machine will behave and I'll get the quilts quilted quickly. :-)

No comments: