Monday, February 22, 2010


The last few weeks have been completely hectic.  Between major projects being due at work, trying to sell the house, and my hubby ending up with a concussion from snowboarding...I haven't really had time to post anything on here.  I have finally taken some pictures of quilts I've been working on, but they're not ready for posting yet....probably tonight though.

So for work.....not only do I have one major design review this week (Thursday, Friday and Monday), but I have a SECOND major design review next week.  The bad thing is that the review next week is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday!  So I have two major reviews back to back.  Not FUN!!  Plus, all the "normal" things still need to get done, so the preparation for these reviews is causing some sleepless nights.

On the house front....we haven't had any offers yet.  We recently had to do a major price drop because one of our neighbors (who we don't know) put their house on the market.  We have the exact same floor plans and while we have a few more finishing touches, they have a little bit more land.  The downer is that they listed their house for $30k under our house price.  So we had to drop our price in order to be competitve.  The annoying part to all of this is that we finally found out what the house across the street from us sold for.  The sale price was $255k, but the bank wouldn't accept anything over $242k.  The good news is, when you break that down to price/sq ft and then the sq footage we have...the bank thinks our house would be worth $282k...close to our original asking price.  So we've been trying to justify the $30k price drop considering we're going to lose our shirts on this house.  However, with the way things are looking for our area, its better to take the $30k hit now, because our agent thinks that the area is just going to go downhill once the new tax rates are published.

On the hubby front....;-)  So he came back from snowboarding a week and a half ago and said that he fell on the mountain.  He doesn't know how it happened, but he ended up with a concussion.  So we've been nursing that the past week or so.  Thankfully the CAT scan came back normal, so there's no "major" problems...just the after effects of a concussion (headaches and nausea).  Hopefully he'll take it easy (unlikely) and let his head rest!

So onto the quilting! :-)  I do have pictures of "A Star is Born"...its similar to "Stars & Hearts" but just different fabrics and quilting.  I plan on trying to sell it, but I'm not sure if I want to list it on Craig's List or on Etsy.  I may try Craig's List first since its free.  I also just finished up a quilt for some good friends of ours.  They had their baby last month, and I just finished putting the last stitch into the binding yesterday while watching the Olympics.  I was actually able to get the binding done pretty quickly since I started hand sewing on Friday evening (just an hour or so) and did some on Saturday (maybe another hour or two) and then finished it up on Sunday.  So now I'm onto a new quilt! ;-)

Anyway - I promise I'll have pictures soon!

1 comment:

Wade said...

Hope Rich is doing better. Sorry to hear about the house difficulties.