Monday, July 19, 2010

England - Final Night

By the time Friday evening rolled around while I was in England, I was definitely ready to go home.  While it was really nice being there, there truly is nothing else like home.  So Friday's class finished up early since many of us had to leave to catch trains back to London.  Our train left Durham at 6:30pm, which put us back in London around 9:30pm.  Thankfully our hotel was within walking distance of Paddington Station, so we just had a quick trip on the Underground that night and then to the hotel.  After checking in, we went out to grab dinner and didn't get back to the hotel until close to midnight.

Now, the hotel.... that's a weird situation.  We got a really good deal on the hotel in Durham -- a group rate of 97 pounds per night and it was a really nice hotel.  My guess is that normally it was close to 200 pounds per night.  So the hotel we stayed at in London that final evening...we tried to get a place with a similar rate of 97 pounds per night.  Let me tell you....that gets a clean, but REALLY SMALL room!  I couldn't help myself but take some pictures of it because it was so small.  To be honest, I don't know how any large people would be able to stay in this hotel since the bathroom was so small.  I'm a relatively small person and my elbows hit the sides of the shower when I showered the next morning.  However they did have the all important necessities...a teapot in the room. ;-)

100_0183

100_0184

100_0185

100_0186



100_0187

As I said.... a REALLY small bathroom!

So the trip was uneventful and overall I had a good time.  Next time I would much rather travel there with Rich and be able to enjoy the trip.

No comments: