Thursday, August 11, 2011

Health & Fitness

I recently went to the doctor and the results were less than what I had wanted.  Ultimately, I've been very stressed out and haven't exercised in God knows how long.  I'm very badly out of shape and my heart rate isn't exactly what it should be.  My goal over the next few months is to ACTUALLY start exercising more and to lose some weight.

I think once I start losing some weight from exercising, my heart rate should get better (along with my overall fitness level).

I've always found it difficult to motivate myself to exercise, so I'm hoping that by posting here, I may have more motivation to keep going.  Its really odd since I used to be very physically fit.  Even as recently as about 4 years ago I was pretty fit.  I was going to the gym for at least an hour a day Monday through Thursday and then on Fridays we were going rock climbing at a local center.  I was down to 126 lbs at the time and looked and felt great.  I broken a bone in my foot in June 2007 and since then I've had a hard time getting myself back into exercising.  Work has also been difficult, which really makes it such that I don't want to exercise at night.

I know a lot of these things are just excuses, but its hard to change how you think.  I'm hoping that I can continue to motivate myself and keep the exercise going.

The goal for this week is to walk 30 minutes each day.  I'll post on Sunday evening on how I did. ;-)

No comments: