Monday, September 19, 2011

Allergies....

...are kicking my hind end today.  They've been steadily getting worse over the past two days, but today, I feel like I've gotten hit in the head by a two-by-four.  Usually, my allergies (or as my 3-year-old niece puts it...aller-jesus) aren't too bad.  However, in the spring they are bad (due to flowering trees) and in the fall they get bad due to goldenrod, ragweed, etc.  It will be at least another two weeks of this stuff being bad, so I'm not looking forward to it.

On a good note though....ITS FALL!!!


I love this time of year, despite the allergies.  I love seeing the trees change colors and waking up to brisk, cool mornings.  The days are still fairly warm, but the morning and evenings are nice and cool.

There's just under 2 months left until we're supposed to close on our house.  I haven't posted pictures in a while, because, to be honest, there isn't anything exciting to show.  Every time we walk into the house we say "what did they do today?" and neither of us can answer it.  We know that the guy doing the drywall taping/sanding is working, but since its only one person, it goes VERY slowly.  We've been told that once this guy is done, we'll see progress go forward again a lot faster.

We do have the stone in for around the fireplace along with the tile for the master bathroom, foyer and kitchen.  They're all in palettes and in boxes, so there isn't anything to show there either.  The hardwood is sitting in piles in the living room to get acclimated to the house before it gets installed.  It has to sit for at least 2 weeks before they can do anything with it.

I'm hoping the guy with the drywall is done soon because then the paint goes on the walls.  We've picked some pretty bold colors, but they are also very classic colors.  Hopefully they will look really good. :-)

As soon as I have some decent pictures to show of the house, I'll post them.

1 comment:

YarnKettle said...

Allergies, Amen sister.
I love fall now too but I can feel the stuffiness coming back.
If you have not yet tried these maybe you want to, netti pot, gross but it flushes out you sinus and makes it feel better most of the time. Local honey, it is an anti-inflammatory and somehow builds your resistance to the allergies but giving you smaller doses that your body adjusts to.
Am I making sense?