Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stashbusting 2011 - Week 37

Its been a few weeks since I posted a "stash busting" post, but I have done some sewing here and there.

First up, I've designed a "sampler" quilt in EQ.  It uses a lot of traditional blocks and the first one is Storm at Sea. This is the first time I've tried to make one of these blocks along with a first at foundation piecing.  While the points aren't EXACTLY perfect...they're pretty darn close.  Or at least good enough for me on a first try at something.
Sampler-1

Next up are some blocks for a scrappy quilt I'm making.  Whenever I cut fabric for a quilt and I have excess left over, I just cut it into 2.5" squares.  Then as I'm piecing for a quilt (or just want some mindless sewing) I can randomly grab 2.5" squares and sew them into 16-patch blocks.  Once I have enough of these, I'll make a queen-sized quilt to fit our bed.
Scrap_Quilt-3

Finally, I have some little odd-n-ends type things I've been sewing.  These "blocks" are made out of mostly flannel squares that I had given to me.  They are 3.5" squares sewing into little cubes and stuffed with machine-washable fiberfill.  They are very soft and squishy, and will make some good little gifts for babies.
Blocks-1

Blocks-2


So how did I do over the past few weeks?

Added This Week:       0 yards
Added Year to Date:    43.89 yards
Used This Week:         1.42 yards
Used Year to Date:      25.34 yards
Net Year to Date:        18.55 yards

My goal for the end of the year is to get to 50 yards used this year so I'm halfway there!

No comments: