Its been another few weeks since I did a stash post, but I've actually done some sewing...some how. ;-)
I took a class last weekend for a pattern called Labyrinth by Debbie Maddy. I've modified the "super twin" size a bit as I don't really want a quilt to be 70 x 110". I've "cut off" the two and bottom two rows such that my quilt will end up being 70 x 90". Here's a picture of what I have so far....and its COMPLETELY from the stash! ;-)
I also went to the Empire QuiltFest yesterday. Its a local quilt show that is held every 2 years. I really should enter a quilt into it the next time they have it (2013). There were a ton of spectacular quilts and some not-so-spectacular. Overall, it was good to go see it and I have a lot of new ideas now.
By far, my favorite was a Hawaiian type quilt. It won 2nd place overall in the show and won the prize for super large applique. It was a king sized quilt that was all done by hand (applique and quilting). It was the quilter's own original pattern.
I took a ton of pictures at the show, but I'm not going to put them all in this post...since this is stash busting after all. :-)
So here's my numbers:
Added This Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 43.89 yards
Used This Week: 1.76 yards
Used Year to Date: 30.25 yards
Net Year to Date: 13.64 yards